26 Dec Top 10 Trends 2019
What new and exciting ideas are we going to see for this coming year we hear you ask!?
There will be a lot of reoccurrence from last year carried through to 2019, as discussed in our last blog ‘Top 10 Wedding Highlights 2018‘. We all know beautiful flowers, delicious three tier cakes and an abundance of Prosecco will definitely never go out of style! We have chosen our top 10 trends that we expect to see in 2019. We don’t know about you, but we think 2019 is going to be the most exciting yet! Let the wedding planning commence!
- Purple rain, purple rain! – the colour purple will be sure to ooze out from a number of weddings next year – from lilac to aubergine, this colour is making its comeback! Whether it be in the bouquets or adorned on the beautiful bridesmaids!
- The outside is staying in! Hip hip hooray! – hanging hoops, foliage and greenery will be taking over more than ever, replacing the standard floral centrepieces as we know them!
3. Mix & Match Place Settings – now we are quite excited about this concept. It will depend what style you are going for but we think there will be something quite nostalgic about the mismatching of your Grandma’s dinner plates. We just can’t wait for some of our brides to incorporate this idea on their wedding tables! 4. Naked tables – we’ve had naked cakes and in some cases naked guests! However, 2019 is the year of the bare tables! Rustic trestle tables are filling the Pinterest boards of almost every 2019 bride.
5. Simple, classic bridal dresses – following in the footsteps of Meghan Markle, the understated clean cut wedding gown is at the forefront of 2019 design and we cant wait to see the selections on offer! 6. Coral – another colour that will showcase next year and make any wedding pop! 7. Move aside bridesmaids – 2019 is the year for the groomsmen to take centre stage and show off their outfits. Mix and match suits will be a big hit in the coming year along with different patterns and textures! 8. Hanging cakes – who wants a wedding cake on a table anyway! We aren’t quite sure how easily this trend will take off (or in fact how safe the cake actually is), but we admit it looks pretty amazing!
9. Red lips – simple make up and a popping red lip are set to be a big hit for 2019. We think this is absolutely divine. Don’t forget to keep the lipstick nearby to top up throughout the day!
10. Picky bits! Grazing tables are going to be a big hit. Who doesn’t love a snack! Your guests can get excited about being able to graze all evening amidst the dancing and drinking!
Henry Scott Photography